Gap and Flush Inspection Gauge

The Gap and Flush Inspection Gauge was produced for our customer who needed a quick checking device for inspection of their moulding.

What is gap and flush measurement?

As vehicles are assembled, the fit-up of various parts is inspected by measuring the width of the gap between two adjacent panels and the alignment of the two surfaces, also called flushness.

This  gap and flush measuring instrument gave a visual inspection of the outer edges of the moulding against the machined contours of the Aluminium Gauge made any problems with the moulding clear to identify. A Plug Gauge was also incorporated with the Gauge to inspect a hole size in the moulding.

What is a gauge?

A measuring instrument for measuring. In this case a Go / No Go gauge was used.  A go/no-go gauge refers to an inspection tool used to check a workpiece against its allowed tolerances via a go/no-go test. Its name is derived from two tests: the check involves the workpiece having to pass one test (go) and fail the other (no-go). 

Please contact us with your Inspection inquiries, we look forward to working with you.

Gap and Flush Inspection

Contact us for a Quote

Write a few details and we will be back to you in no time


Tel: +44(0)1977 511799        

Unit 2, Park 32, Park road, Pontefract, WF8 4PS.