Braid Cut Machine
This Auto Skive and Cut machine developed by STT.
- A fully automated machine to produce automotive brake pipes
- The tube has a PTFE liner with a braided steel outer and a TPE rubber covering
- The pipe is fed from a drum via an unwind unit, which automatically regulates the feed speed of the machine
- The machine uses several axis of motion
- The machine strips back the TPE cover and uses welding technology, this is to remove a section of the braiding and anneals the edges to prevent ‘fraying’
- The pipe then gets cut to length and removes a segment of TPE covering from either end, ready for various connectors to be fitted
- The finished pipe is inspected for length and the two stripped back ends are inspected via a Keyence vision system
Please contact us with your machinery requirements, we look forward to working with you.